Now is the best time to start planning ahead about updating our outdoor spaces and refreshing the patio furniture. But how do you know when it's time to say goodbye to your old furniture and invest in something new?
Here are a few signs that it might be time to replace your patio furniture:
- Your current furniture is visibly worn or damaged: If your furniture is showing signs of wear and tear, such as cracks, chips, or faded fabric, it may be time to consider replacing it. While you might be able to repair some minor damage or refinish some wood furniture, more serious issues could indicate that the furniture is reaching the end of its lifespan.
- Is your patio set uncomfortable or unsafe? If you find that your furniture is no longer comfortable or stable, it's probably time to replace it. You want to be able to relax and enjoy your outdoor space, not constantly adjust or worry about your furniture breaking. (Especially for those of us who are getting on in years, a fall can be more than embarrassing, it could be dangerous.)
- It's no longer stylish: If your patio furniture is starting to look a tad dated or just doesn't match your style anymore, it might be time for a change. Especially if you've upgraded your outdoor space or painted your home, garden shed, greenhouse, or fence. Updating your furniture can help you feel more at home and comfortable in your outdoor space and looks great for those warm weather visitors.
- It's no longer functional: If your furniture isn't serving the purpose you need it to, such as providing enough seating for your family or friends, or if it's not practical for your space, it's probably time to invest in something new. Perhaps chairs that are easier to get in and out of, or ones with more incline for relaxing poolside, or a porch rocker to sit and finally learn how to play that banjo.
- You're ready for a change: Sometimes, the desire for something new and fresh is reason enough to replace your old patio furniture. If you're feeling uninspired by your current furniture and want to try something different, maybe now is the time to consider a Muskoka Chair.
If you're considering replacing your patio furniture, it's important to do your research and choose pieces that will suit your needs and style. We are partial to Muskoka Chairs because our professionally hand-crafted furniture is durable, comfortable, easy to care for, and can be painted or refinished to grow and change with you.
Your patio furniture should be an investment that will bring you joy for many seasons to come. And no one wants to spend their summers lugging old furniture to the recycling yard every couple of years. It's a waste of time, effort, and money. Don't be afraid to spend a little extra on quality.
The last thing I would consider beyond seating is chairs and end tables. Where are you going to set that coffee, tea, or cocktail when you're relaxing and watching the sun go down? Make sure you have enough seating for your friends and relatives to enjoy the comfort of your outdoor space and the company of the ones we care about.